Friday, December 16, 2011

Who said you can't change the world from your couch?

I promised myself I wouldn't put any unnecessary sappy blogging on here, but nonetheless, I need to get this out and this seems like a nice place. Plus, I'm lacking inspiration and I'm a bit tipsy. Which is probably why I'm sappy and emotional and stuff.

Anyway, I've found that I can change the world from the comfort of my own couch. At least a small bit of it, I like to believe.

Today a girl I only know online and have only known for a few weeks... heck, I don't even know her, or know if it is a her, since it's an RPG site! Anyway, we've been roleplaying quite a bit the last few weeks and today she told me she got happy just when she saw I was logged on, and that she was suicidal. I didn't quite know what to say, but at least I've made her somewhat happy and I like to think that means something and may make a difference in whether she keeps being suicidal or not.

I also like to think I've made an impact on some of the people on DBPB, several have told me they like my sense of humour or that I'm one of their favourite commenters or things like that. Some of them email me and I like to think it matters what I say. And of course I hope someone gets some enjoyment one way or another out of these little stories I post here. Because, to be honest, I doubt I can change the entire world, but if I can just put a smile on a persons face a time or two, I think that's making an impact and a change on the world nonetheless.

Fine, I'll stop patting myself on the back now, but I think it's pretty damn awesome that I actually do matter (somewhat) and that I have made (somewhat) of a change in the world. Chances are, so have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment